Join AIH for the first Annual African Festival of the Arts "AFA AWARDS” this August 11th, 2018 in Chicago to celebrate highest achievers in the African Diaspora.
The AFA awards Gala will take our audience around the world by celebrating leaders in areas of Social Entrepreneurship, Sports, Advocacy, Business, Under 30 Rising Star, and Trail Blazers from the US, Africa, and the Caribbean."
Hosted by Kenneth Okolie & Lotten Bridgetta
Africa International House hosts an annual Pre-Kwanzaa Marketplace. Come out and shop with artists for unique, eclectic holiday gifts. This year enjoy Kwanzaa gift making workshops and a video presentation. Learn about the Kwanzaa principles and setting up a Kwanzaa table in your home.
PAN AFRICAN SOCCER FESTIVAL
Monday, July 4, 2016
Washington Park @ Payne Drive & 55th St.
9am - 8pm
Registration: Click Here To Register
- Fee - $300
- Deadline - Thursday, June 23, 2016, 11:30 p.m., Central
- Group Stage (25min x 25min): Teams assigned to groups by lottery
- Qtr Finals (25min x 25min): Top 2 teams from each group advance; 5x5 PKs if tied
- Semi Finals (25min x 25min): Winners from Qtr Finals; 5x5 PKs if tied
- Consolation (30min x 30min): If tied, 20-minute continuous play OT, then 5x5 PKs if needed
- Championship (30min x 30min): If tied, 20-minute continuous play OT; 5x5 PKs if needed
773.288.0818 (Landline, does not accommodate texting)
Come celebrate with us for Black Music Month on Thursday, June 30th at Sounds of Change, sponsored by Africa International House and the Reva and David Logan Center. Join us in a discussion on how music has both been influenced by and influenced change in Chicago. Panelists include Maggie Brown, Performing Artist; Johnnie D., Assistant Program Director, WGCI 107.5 Radio and V103 Chicago; and Richard Steele, Veteran Chicago Radio Personality.