Hello and welcome to the 2018 Nigerian ePassport Exercise with the Nigerian Consulate New York. Application and registration information can be found on the Nigerian Consulate New York website http://nigeriahouse.com/default.aspx Click Consular Services then Passport Application to get started.
All applicants including babies are required to be present for biometric purposes. Please plan to spend the day at the venue so plan accordingly especially for your children.
Applicants whose documents were received on or before April 30th 2018, you are advised to plan to attend the exercise on Thursday, June 14th 2018. New applicants are advised to complete their applications and submit their documents ASAP.
Items to bring with you to the venue
- Passport booklet for verification
- Documents listed on the Nigerian Consulate New York website. Follow the above link. If you have submitted your documents to Dr. Ewa or Ms. Okoro please ignore step 2.
- EXPRESS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope/applicant for mailing of passport. Must have correct postage of $24.70 or higher. Don’t forget the label.
- $100 POST OFFICE money order (administrative fee) per applicant payable to Consulate General of Nigeria New York.
- $25 venue fee per applicant in cash.
Lost Passport Applicants
You are required to bring a $370 POST OFFICE money order (penalty fee)/applicant payable to The Consulate General of Nigeria New York.
*Directives from the Consulate *
- Those without E-passport could get their passport within a month of acquisition, all things being equal.
- Those involved in out-of-station acquisition and holder of E-passport, re-issue takes longer time before processing as the immigration Headquarters has to approve such data switch that occurred between outside acquisition and the original data of applicants already in the database that alternatively, those in urgent need of their passports are advised to avail themselves the opportunity by coming to the Consulate in New York. It takes a day to complete, all things being equal.
Do not park in the parking lot or your car will be towed. Street parking is available.